- Croom, Emily Anne. The Sleuth Book for Genealogists: Strategies for More Successful Family History Research
- Fitzpatrick, Colleen. Forensic Genealogy.
- Jackson, Buzzy. Shaking the Family Tree: Blue Bloods, Black Sheep and Other Obsessions of an Accidental Genealogist
- Jacobson, Judy. History for Genealogists: Using Chronological Time Lines to Find and Understand Your Ancestors.
- Lynch, Daniel M. Google You Family Tree: Unlock the HIdden Power of Google.
- Mills, Elizabeth Shown. Evidence Explained Citing: History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace.
- Schaefer, Christina Kassabian. The Hidden Half of the Family: A Sourcebook for Women’s Genealogy.
Writing Family History & Narratives
- Carmack, Sharon DeBartolo. You Can Write Your Family History
- McFarland, Gerald. A Scattered People: An American Family Moves West
American History General
- Fischer, David Hackett. Albion’s Seed: Four British Folkways in America.
- Buel, Richard and Joy Buel. The Way of Duty – A Woman and Her Family in Revolutionary America
- McCullough, David. 1776
- Raphael, Ray. A People’s History of the American Revolution: How Common People Shaped the Fight for Independence.
The Young Republic (1783-1815)
- Ulrich, Laurel Thatcher. A Midwife’s Tale: The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812.
- Dunaway, Wayland F. The Scots-Irish of Colonial Pennsylvania.
- Matthews, Linda H. Middling Folk: Three Seas, Three Centuries, One Scots Irish Family
New England – Mayflower and Great Migration Research
- Anderson, Virginia De John New England’s Generation: The Great Migration and the Formation of Society and Culture
- Bunker, Nick Making Haste from Babylon: The Mayflower Pilgrims and Their World
- Hollick, Martin E. New Englander in the 1600s A Guide to Genealogical Research Published Between 1980-2010
- Hatcher, Patricia Law Researching Your Colonial New England Ancestors
- Philbrick, Nathaniel Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community and War
- Wentworth, Dorothy Settlement and Growth of Duxbury 1628-1870
Thank You for the Book List.